What to Expect
What to expect before, during and after your abortion.
To put you at ease and prepare you for your abortion care we offer the following what to expect information. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and/or concerns.
What to expect before your abortion
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before your scheduled appointment
- Shower or bathe as usual
- You will need someone to drive you home
- Valid picture ID (driver’s license)
- We accept cash only, no checks or money orders.
During your abortion procedure
- Expect to be at our office 2-3 hours.
- This includes, paperwork, lab testing, procedure and recovery.
- To reduce your time in our office please download and complete the following forms in the privacy of your home.
- Use black ink and bring the completed forms to your appointment.
After your abortion procedure
- Rest the day of the procedure
- Expect some bleeding. Be sure to have sanitary pads.
- Take Advil, Aleve or other pain reliever for cramps as directed on the label
- You may return to work or school or other daily activities the following day if needed.
- You will receive written take home instructions and possibly medications. Please be sure to follow these instructions.
- Call us if you have any questions.
To estimate the length of your pregnancy, enter the first day of your last period and then, press “calculate”.
Suburban Women’s Clinic always appreciates feedback from our valued patients.