The State of Texas has imposed regulations in an attempt to intimidate women and harass abortion providers. However, we must abide by the laws of this state. These rules include 24-hour consent, which means you must receive state mandated information at least 24 hours before your abortion. Most respectable medical experts disagree with the information, but we still have to provide it even though it is not medically accurate.
This law also states that we must also provide (in writing) the following information to you at least 24 hours before your abortion.
1. If you should have a complaint about your care at our facility, complaints may be registered at the following address: Director, Health Facility Licensing and Compliance Division, Department of State Health Services, 1100 West 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78756. Complaints must be in writing. All complainants must provide their name. This information will be confidential.
2. The toll free number to the Department of State Health Services is 1-888-973-0022. You have the right to access certain information about this abortion facility by using this number. If you make a call, your identity will remain anonymous. This number can provide you with the following information:
- Whether this abortion facility is licensed by the Department of State Health Services
- The date of the last inspection of this facility by the Department of State Health Services and any violations of law or rules discovered during that inspection that may pose a health risk to you.
- Any relevant fine, penalty, or judgment rendered against this facility or a doctor who provides services at this facility.
3. Provide a copy of the department's "A Woman's Right to Know" booklet if you want to view it. This booklet contains information on fetal development and risks of abortion and childbirth
4. Provide a copy of the department's "A Woman's Right to Know" resource directory if you want to view it. This directory has information on agencies that will help you continue your pregnancy or help with adoption. These agencies will not refer for abortion.
5. You may view the department's "A Woman's Right to Know" materials on their web site at http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/wrtk/.
6. If you request the department's "A Woman's Right to Know" materials and we do not provide them you can call the department at 1-888-973-0022.
We have always trusted women to make their own decisions without government intrusion. Unfortunately, the religious right wants to force their morals on others and this time they convinced the Texas Legislators. If you are outraged, contact your legislators in Austin and the Governor's office.
At least 24 hours before your appointment, you must listen to the recorded message through our office.
Minors and Abortion in Texas
Texas law requires parental consent for any minor under the age of 18 for an abortion. We require the teen and her parent bring valid picture ID and the minor’s birth certificate. Please be sure to ask our clinic what forms of ID are acceptable.